25 Sep Cafeteria Assistants
To apply, please download and complete either the PDF or Word application form that follows.Download Application (PDF)
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to follow instructions and receive constructive criticism.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers
- Willingness to learn and improve skills
- Must be able to perform work required of job, including but not limited to: lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally, 30 pounds frequently, and 10 pounds constantly, stand for six continuous hours, stoop, squat, kneel and/or bend that allows for cleaning, bend easily to wash pots and clean milk boxes, twist, stretch and turn to mop, sweep, stock, arms outstretched easily to serve food. Work with caustic and non-caustic chemicals, work in hot, humid environment. Maintain high standards of personal cleanliness. These are the major physical requirements; however, this list is not all inclusive.
- Positive attitude
Reports to: Food Service Supervisor, Lisa Kelley
Performance Responsibilities: (Note–All performance responsibilities are performed in accordance with work schedules provided by the manager)
- Prepares food using standardized recipes and determines if the finished product is of the best quality both in flavor and appearance before it is served.
- Always keeps work areas as clean and orderly as possible and observes all rules of safety and sanitation.
- Records all food item usage as instructed.
- Checks food shipments into the school. Reports any faulty or inferior quality food which is received to the manager.
- Sees that during meal service periods the supply of food offered is replenished regularly.
- Assists in the daily cleanup of the kitchen, service, and cafeteria areas
- Performs major cleaning of equipment and areas at regularly scheduled intervals
- Assumes responsibility for storage and disposal of unused foods
- Sets up cafeteria line for service and serves students and staff standard portions to insure that a reimbursable meal is served
- Removes used dishes and cleans counter, tables and serving line in the dining and kitchen areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes all dishes, flatware, pots and pans according to established procedures
- Maintains the trash and garbage collection areas in a neat and sanitary fashion
- Runs computer and assures that all meals claimed are reimbursable
- Properly uses all equipment following established rules of safety and sanitation
- Performs and completes to the required standard all scheduled tasks within allotted time periods
- Follows instructions given by the manager in the work responsibilities of the cafeteria
- Promotes good public relations by supporting the food services programs by action, words, and deeds
- Works cooperatively with the manager and other cafeteria personnel at all times to promote teamwork and efficient production
- Performs any other tasks that may be required.
Terms of employment:
Ten months per year. Hours to be determined by number of meals served. Salary and work year to be established by Board. Performance of this job will be evaluated on a yearly basis by the cafeteria manager.
Applications will also be accepted in person at the Central Office (April Barger), [email protected] 305 Hedrick Drive, Newport, TN 37821. If applying online, use the upload buttons below to add your completed application, resume, transcript and licensure. Be sure to click the green submit button to send us all of your files for consideration. All applicants must have a TBI/FBI fingerprint-based background check before being hired. All submissions will receive a confirmation email notifying you that the application was received by Human Resources.
You may e-mail the Food Service Supervisor, Lisa Kelley, or call (423-623-7821 ext. 2022) or [email protected]
THE COCKE COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“It is the policy of the Cocke County School System not to discriminate on the basis of sex, color, race, and national origin, creed, age, and marital status, or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment policies as required by Title VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973”.
Casey Kelley, Affirmative Action Coordinator
|Job Category||Classified Staff|