18 Sep Custodian (Cosby High School)
Applications will be accepted by email (Melanie Eslinger) [email protected], regular mail, or in person at Central Office, 305 Hedrick Drive, Newport, TN 37821. All applicants must have TBI/FBI fingerprint-based background check (if not a current employee or you have not had one in five years) before being hired.
The following statements help to clarify the job responsibilities of a custodian:
- Maintain floors in a clean state by sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, and waxing them.
- Empty and clean trash receptacles.
- Clean, sanitize, and supply bathrooms.
- Clean and service custodial equipment as needed.
- Perform minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment.
- Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards to the administrator.
- Lock and unlock windows, doors, and gates.
- Ensure grounds areas are clean and orderly.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Familiar with operating, caring for, and storing custodial equipment and supplies.
You may e-mail a letter of interest and resume to the principal, Shawna Murrell, or call (423-487-5602 Ext 5351) or [email protected]
Cosby High School
3318 Cosby Hwy
Cosby, TN 37722
THE COCKE COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“It is the policy of the Cocke County School System not to discriminate on the basis of sex, color, race, and national origin, creed, age, and marital status, or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment policies as required by Title VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973”.
Casey Kelley, Affirmative Action Coordinator
|Job Category||Classified Staff|