29 Jul Full-Time Custodian (Bridgeport Elementary)
The following statements help to clarify the job responsibilities of a custodian:
- Maintain floors in a clean state by sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, and waxing them.
- Empty and clean trash receptacles.
- Clean, sanitize, and supply bathrooms.
- Clean and service custodial equipment as needed.
- Perform minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment.
- Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards to the administrator.
- Lock and unlock windows, doors, and gates.
- Ensure grounds areas are clean and orderly.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Familiar with operating, caring for, and storing custodial equipment and supplies.
Applications will also be accepted by regular mail or in person at the Central Office (Melanie Eslinger), 305 Hedrick Drive, Newport, TN 37821. If applying online, use the upload buttons below to add your completed application, resume, transcript and licensure. Be sure to click the green submit button to send us all of your files for consideration. All applicants must have a TBI/FBI fingerprint-based background check before being hired. All submissions will receive a confirmation email notifying you that the application was received by Human Resources.
You may e-mail a letter of interest and resume to the principal, April Cody, or call (423-623-5780) or [email protected]
Bridgeport Elementary School
135 South Highway 32
Cosby, TN 37722
THE COCKE COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“It is the policy of the Cocke County School System not to discriminate on the basis of sex, color, race, and national origin, creed, age, and marital status, or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment policies as required by Title VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973”.
Casey Kelley, Affirmative Action Coordinator
|Job Category||Classified Staff|